- The Department is charged with regulating professions and occupations for the protection of the public as a whole. Although the Department does not represent individuals filing complaints, the Department will review complaints in a timely manner to ensure a complaint is processed and that the Board will take appropriate action.
- The length of time for resolution of a complaint is impossible to estimate due to the various complexities presented in individual complaints. Please see Complaint Process on the MT Board of Alternative Health, for more information.
- The following types of complaints may be filed:
- Unprofessional conduct by a licensee;
- Unprofessional conduct by a license applicant;
- Unlicensed practice of the profession or occupation.
- If an individual is unsure of what constitutes unprofessional conduct and needs a description of the various types, reference to Montana statutes and rules will provide an answer.
- Drop Off or Mail to:
Montana Board of Alternative Health Midwifery
Business Standards Division
301 South Park, 4th Floor
PO Box 200513
Helena, MT 59620-0513
When filing or responding to a complaint, be as thorough as possible. You may attach additional documents to the complaint form to ensure that all pertinent information has been included. The Screening Panel meeting is NOT a hearing, but is a time for the panel to consider the complaint and response. Attendance is your choice. If you attend the panel may ask additional questions. Please notify this office prior to the meeting if you plan to attend.